Thank you for your interest in volunteering to help support the growth of innovative solutions that are helping communities across sub-Saharan Africa overcome inequity and thrive.
Please take a moment to complete the application form below for our staff to review and and match you with a social venture that can benefit from your skills and experience.
- Do I need to be in Canada to apply for a VTX opportunity?
No, we welcome applicants from any part of the world.
- How long does it take to receive a response after filling out the VTX registration form?
It will take approximately 7 business days to get a response from EWB staff after you submit your application.
- When can I expect to be matched with an organization?
We strive to match our volunteers and ventures as quickly as we are able; however there are many variables at play that can influence the timeline such as the availability of requests that match your skill offering.
From the time that a match is identified, it typically takes 2 weeks to initiate introductions, finalize agreements and onboarding before you commence your volunteer placement.
- How long are volunteer placements?
The program includes a 3-6 month remote (online) volunteer placement between one of EWB’s ventures or partners in sub-Saharan Africa. Some placements have lasted beyond 6 months based on needs of a venture and the availability of a volunteer.
- What does the time commitment for a volunteer match look like?
The time commitment for each volunteer depends on the needs of ventures. On average, our volunteers contribute between 8 and 15 hours each week. Please indicate your availability in the application form, above.
- Will I be required to travel to the country that my venture is located in?
No, the Virtual Talent xChange is a unique opportunity to support the growth of ventures in sub-Saharan Africa remotely, from the comfort of your home (or office!).
- Is this a Job Opportunity?
No, your engagement in VTX is purely voluntary in nature.
- Are placements only offered in english?
Currently, the placement opportunities through VTX require working knowledge of English as most of our venture requests are from English-speaking countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
We are striving to work with ventures in French-speaking countries in the near future. Please watch this space for updates on these opportunities.
- I have some additional questions about VTX, who is best to reach out to?
Please send any questions you may have to email@example.com