Call for Volunteers – Virtual Talent xChange
EWB works with a variety of social ventures and partners in Sub Saharan Africa to help tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty.
The current COVID-19 pandemic has greatly affected social enterprises in the region, and we are committed to offering our support however we can. As a response, EWB has launched a Virtual Talent xChange, which is a volunteer program that aims to match bright Canadian talent with the needs of our ventures, remotely. We are looking for motivated, and passionate individuals with a variety of skills. Our ventures and partners have diverse talent needs and can be supported remotely. Currently, we are looking for individuals with experience in finance and accounting, software engineering, grant writing, and business development.
The list of different skills our ventures are looking for include:
- Experience with finance & accounting in international contexts
- Experience in business development
- Analytical, communication and negotiation skills
- Experience writing grants and proposals
- Software engineering skills
- Experience with optimized coding
- Experience with firmware embedded systems
- Experience with embedded Linux drivers
- Experience with ARM Cortex-M architectures
- Experience using C/C++
- Experience using Bash
- Experience using Python
- Ability to speak French (as the main language of communication) & a strong command of the English language
Do you have experience with any of the items listed above? Are you interested in virtually helping ventures in Sub-Saharan Africa? Fill out a registration form now!
Please note that this is a volunteer program with no compensation.