- Role: Technology Advisor
- Venture: Akorion Company LTD
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
Akorion is an Ag-Tech for profit company registered in Uganda to leverage ICT to digitize the agricultural value chain. Using EzyAgric (Akorion’s mobile and web platform), Akorion is efficiently delivering inclusive and data-driven access to finance, production and marketing services for farmers and agribusinesses. Since 2015, EzyAgric has provided services to over 63,000 farmers through 100 farmer groups across Uganda.
As Technology Advisor (TA) with Akorion, you will work with the Akorion-Engineering and design team in Uganda, with guidance, mentorship and financial support from the Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB) community in Canada and in East and West Africa.
Akorion is a youth led company founded in 2015 with most of its co-founders having computing background but with minimum software architecture for infrastructure scaling and development operations experience. With this background, fellows with software architecture experience are great compliment to the computing team. This will highly assist Akorion to easily manage the required growth of EzyAgric backend infrastructure along the business objectives. The ideal candidate is a smart, hardworking, passionate, energetic and team player with at least 3-5 years proven track record in digital ocean and google cloud platform architectures and willing to learn.
As a TA for Akorion, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with and assist the head of Engineering and design department (Chief Technology Officer – CTO) to: Provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing information and communication technology initiatives that align with the mission of Akorion.
- Direct the planning and implementation of ICT in support of Akorion operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality, and mission development to cover EzyAgric development and Information systems management.
- Work with and assist the senior management to review, document, standardize and publish EzyAgric (UI/UX, backend, Artificial Intelligence and server) development operations management procedures and standards to deeply shape and implement overall EzyAgric corporate strategy.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor in Computer Science or any related course with at least 3-5 years proven track record in software architecture (digital ocean and google cloud platform are priority)
- Willing to learn any of these added skills in:
- Android/Java programming
- Data science with focus on Artificial Intelligence programming
- Couch base database management and tech product management will be an added advantage
- The ideal candidate will be smart, hardworking, passionate, energetic, social and team player with at least 3-5 years proven track record in software architecture designing, scaling and willing to learn.