- Role: Technical Operations Manager
- Venture: ENERGY GENERATION
- Location: Accra, Ghana
About ENERGY GENERATION
Energy Generation is an organization which supports young Africans in addressing their generation’s challenges through entrepreneurship and technological innovation, focusing on access to energy issues.
2016, we set up the first training centre offering an intensive one-year training program for entrepreneurship in the field of energy in Lome, Togo. Since then, Energy Generation has trained 14 young entrepreneurs from 12 different countries.
Energy Generation is at a turning point of its history, pivoting and scaling. Starting September 2019, we aim at opening the training center’s doors to 100 students every year and delivering high standard graduate courses on entrepreneurship for development.
As Energy Generation is a young fast evolving structure, we are looking for passionate and skilled candidates to join our team. We look for people who share our vision and are eager to make a real impact. The ideal candidates must be autonomous, flexible and above all proactive in carrying out their missions. A strong team spirit, good resistance to stress and the ability to manage unexpected events are also valuable.
As a Technical Operations Manager for ENERGY GENERATION, your responsibilities will include:
Training programs design
- Design technical trainings to be delivered in the frame of graduate courses;
- Design other technical trainings addressed to professionals.
Training programs management
- Manage relationships with trainers and professional experts, assist them in the development of training contents;
- Manage partnerships with companies and universities;
- Design and moderate technical trainings;
- Ensure a technical follow-up of incubated project’s achievements, especially during the prototyping phase;
- Design and implement the Lab’s development plan;
- Lead discussions with potential technical and financial partners;
- Provide technical support to Lab’s users.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Master degree in Engineering (generalist, mechanical, electrical or energy engineering)
- Previous work experiences in a research and development department
- Fluency in written and oral English and French
- Mastery of 3D design software can be a plus
- Experiences in Africa and/or as an entrepreneur are highly valuable
- Knowledge of access to energy and education issues in Africa would be appreciated
- Team player, committed and result-oriented