- Role: Software Developer
- Venture: M-Cash Uganda Limited
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
About M-Cash Uganda Limited
M-Cash Uganda Limited is a Financial technology company licensed by Bank of Uganda to develop and maintain digital financial services such as peer to peer payments, bulk collections/payments and money transfer to the banked and un-banked population. Our enterprise solutions have been customized for business to business as well as customer to business transactions and are linked to mobile networks and financial institutions with simple and easy to use interfaces such as USSD and smart mobile applications.
M-Cash Uganda Limited vision is to provide an integrated payment solution that will address the use of our technology to enabling people who are not served by financial institutions to access financial services outside of traditional bank branches. Fellows are key to our vision because they get a chance to contribute to including 14 million Ugandans to financial services access consequently improving their lives. Fellows bring on board financial inclusion ideas and experiences from their already developed countries that M-Cash can leverage.
As a software developer for M-Cash Uganda Limited your responsibilities will include:
- Quality – Ensure code is written according to defines quality standards, such as indentation, commenting, naming conventions and patterns
- Technical Lead – Take the role as Technical Lead on specific projects
- Estimation – Provide realistic estimates for new and running projects
- Capacity building – Ensure the team is up to date with the most relevant skills and practices
- Write code – Implement user stories and feature requirements into computer algorithms
- Technical advice – Provide technical advice to management, other developers, CTO, business development advisers, PMs and clients
- Company processes – Provide input to improve company processes
- Networks – Establish and maintain networks to promote M-Cash and its culture
- Team work – Efficiently work in a team environment
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
We are seeking an exceptional professional with over 2 years of work experience as a software developer predominantly in open source technologies like android and php. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Undergraduate degree in electrical engineering or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Over 2 years of software development experience working with a team of software developers and business development managers
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture technologies and/or implementations.
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to work with all levels of management internally and externally.
- Highly motivated and dependable with exceptional communication.
- A self-starter that relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish individual and team goals.
- Experience with the automated build process, unit testing, source code analysis tools, HTML and web scripting languages.
- Experience under formal software development processes.
- Experience with multiple platform environments, including UNIX/Linux and Windows Server (any version)
- Ability to work in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated experience using issue tracking software specifically JIRA.
- Proven ability to produce quality documents using a variety of media, text and tools with a minimum of errors.
- Critical thinker with the ability to demystify complex technical requirements.
- Demonstrated experience translating customer needs into high-quality innovative tech solutions that deliver effective user experiences with the greatest organizational value
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate concepts across varied functional audiences
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple priorities yet be able to keep the focus on prioritizing based on what is likely to best drive M-Cash impact.
- Results oriented, with a strong business judgment and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading product teams with an emphasis on scaling them to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and calculate the expected return on investment
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to lead and motivate teams, guide others without direct authority and influence senior leadership to collective success in a sometimes ambiguous environment
- Language: English required in all locations.