- Role: Social Impact Projects Coordinator
- Venture: PEG Africa
- Location: Accra, Ghana
About PEG Africa
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised $20 million and has nearly 400 full time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and has been named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
PEG currently provides renewable energy solutions to individuals living in off-grid communities earning between $5-10 per day. We are currently seeking a way to expand our impact and extend service to individuals and communities living in extreme poverty.
PEG Africa is searching for an entrepreneurial, impact-driven fellow to build a new arm of our business that will help Ghanaians living in extreme poverty access renewable energy products.
As a Social Impact Projects Coordinator for PEG Africa, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop projects which support the poorest communities in Ghana to secure access to renewable energy.
- Connect with donor organizations and other funding sources in order to fundraise for projects.
- Manage the implementation of social impact projects.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who is passionate about creating access to energy for people living in extreme poverty
- Experience in fundraising, donor relations, project development and management is an asset