Role: Sr. Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Position: Full-Time Contract
Start Date: July 2023
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator to join our Engineers Without Borders Canada team. The Senior Marketing and Communications Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and executing marketing and fundraising initiatives to drive donations and raise awareness of our organization’s mission. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, skilled in project management, and able to work collaboratively with various departments and stakeholders.
Reporting to the COO, this is a 1 year contract position with a possibility of extension.
- Collaborate with the Partnership team to create and execute marketing campaigns to drive donations and engagement with our organization.
- Manage the production and distribution of marketing materials, including social media posts.
- Assist in the planning and execution of fundraising and other events, including coordinating logistics, and promoting the event to our audience.
- Maintain and update the organization’s website and social media channels to ensure that they are up-to-date and engaging.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the organization’s website traffic and social media engagement (paid and organic)
- Coordinate with chapter members and other stakeholders (engineering students, young professionals and EWB alumni.)
- Ensure that fundraising campaigns and events run smoothly.
- Analyze and report on the performance of fundraising campaigns, including tracking metrics such as donations, engagement, and ROI.
- Maintain brand standards and provide resources and support to staff, chapter community and other stakeholders to apply these standards.
- Prepare and present evaluations and recommendations of influencer and social media trends, technologies, competitive reviews, opportunities, and issues of interest to EWB
- University degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field and/or comparable experience
- 2+ years of experience in marketing /communications, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of SEO principles, social media marketing and website content management.
- Experience with social media platforms, email marketing software, and CMS platforms.
- Experience with Keela would be an asset.
- Coordinating digital marketing strategies, managing content calendars for email and social media, while also coordinating and providing strategic communications
- Experience in event planning and coordination.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to track and report on metrics.
- Passion for non-profit work and a commitment to our organization’s mission.
- Experience in web content management platforms like WordPress and Wix
- Working knowledge of graphic design programs (Adobe Creative Suite; Canva)
If you are a highly motivated and detail-oriented individual who is passionate about making a difference, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
While this position is fully remote there may be occasional travel within Canada for meetings and other events. This position has a regular schedule but may require occasional evenings and/or weekends.
All employees are provided with a comprehensive health/dental benefits package, paid sick days, cell phone and internet reimbursement, 3 weeks of vacation each year and office closure between Christmas and the New Year.
What’s it like to work at EWB?
While being 100% remote, EWB is a high-performing team-based work environment. We are a small team with staff members based across Canada and on the African Continent. Our culture is one of passion, entrepreneurship, pragmatism, thoughtfulness, dedication and hard work. We have a strong commitment to excellence and achieving results. Our leaders, staff, and volunteers are dynamic with a positive outlook. We blend a passion to change the world with pragmatism.
Diversity, Inclusion and Gender Equality
EWB embraces diverse cultures, heritages, experiences and opinions in efforts to enrich our programmes and foster inclusive decision making. EWB is committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free employment free from discrimination, and to hiring diverse candidates.
EWB believes that gender discrimination is a root cause of global poverty and economic inequality, and the achievement of gender equality is integral to our mission of achieving systemic change and creating a more just society. We seek to achieve a vision of a more equitable society, inherent to which is the enjoyment of human rights and fundamental freedoms by all persons, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, class, ethnicity, disability, age or another status. EWB is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
EWB is committed to providing accommodations to candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation so that arrangements can be made for the appropriate accommodations to be in place.