- Role: Senior Content Architect
- Venture: African Management Initiate (AMI)
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
AMI is a pan-African entrepreneurial social business that is pioneering a scalable approach to workplace learning and skills development for Africa. AMI empowers African managers, entrepreneurs and young professionals through practical and accessible learning and development tools. We help businesses develop productive and motivated workforces, we help entrepreneurs build thriving enterprises, and we help job seekers develop new skills and advance their careers. AMI is expanding rapidly. We have successfully raised investment, established offices in Nairobi and Johannesburg, engaged clients in East, West and Southern Africa, and have trained over 20,000 people in 11 countries in Africa.
As a Senior Content Architect with AMI, you will work with the AMI team in Kenya, with guidance, mentorship and financial support from the Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB) community in Canada and in East and West Africa.
About the role
The Senior Content Architect will report directly to the Chief Product Officer and be responsible for the overall content development processes and strategies related to AMI’s online learning solutions. In coordination with the CPO, the Content Architect will play three critical roles at AMI:
- Work with clients, stakeholders and subject matter experts across Africa to develop AMI’s online content library (including the development of online video-based courses, tools, and case studies);
- Work with the CPO & CLO to lead the innovation of AMI’s content roadmap, including analysis and planning for ‘mobile first’ content, micro-learning, and ‘course in a box’ customization of content;
- Work with the Content Manager, and Product Associates to efficiently manage content related projects, plan effectively, and grow to future Content Leaders.
The Senior Content Architect will play a key role in building AMI’s learning solutions and ensuring that we are innovating content design and development to serve the diverse needs of clients in businesses and independent entrepreneurs in countries across Africa.
Depending on experience, the CA may also have a role in managing the content manager and product associates who look after the processes of content maintenance and quality assurance to develop the team in to innovative content leaders.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Graduate Degree in communications, marketing, digital media, education, learning design or related field. Significant experience will be considered in lieu of graduate degree level qualification.
- 3+ years experience in content development (in learning industry) strongly recommended.
- Experience in project management strongly recommended.
- Experience managing or supervising other people (preferred)
- Proven leader, motivator, and effective decision maker enhanced by creativity and a detailed understanding of online content management / digital media design
- Strong interpersonal skills – As someone influencing several departments and seeking feedback from a range of stakeholders, you need strong interpersonal skills. You will be an effective communicator at all levels.
- Strategic thinking – You will need to analyse and implement the strategic roadmap for the content and make difficult decisions. You will be able to understand business needs and translate them in to content development priorities and plans.
- Analytical skills – You will need to research and analyse market, competency, content and user feedback data and make use data to influence decision making
- Initiative and execution of tasks. MUST be able to work independently, take initiative to solve problems and proactively address issues and follow tasks through to completion
- Personal – Motivated, self-starter, independent worker.
- Content development / design | Develops content, including scoping, development, (some) design and editing/review
- Writing skills | Requires excellent writing skills and ability to research, analyse and synthesize information
- Digital Media Production | Knowledge of design software. Ability to create visual representations of concepts. Ability to grasp new technology quickly
- Project Management & Detail oriented| Creates and maintains sequencing of projects, prioritization and multi-tasking. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills