- Role: Project Manager
- Venture: M-Cash Uganda Limited
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
About M-Cash Uganda Limited
M-Cash Uganda Limited is a Financial technology company licensed by Bank of Uganda to develop and maintain digital financial services such as peer to peer payments, bulk collections payments and money transfer to the banked and un-banked population. Our enterprise solutions have been customized for business to business as well as customer to business transactions and are linked to mobile networks and financial institutions with simple and easy to use interfaces such as USSD and smart mobile applications.
M-Cash Uganda Limited vision is to provide an integrated payment solution that will address the use of our technology to enabling people who are not served by financial institutions to access financial services outside of traditional bank branches. Fellows are key to our vision because they get a chance to contribute to including 14 million Ugandans to financial services access consequently improving their lives. Fellows bring on board financial inclusion ideas and experiences from their already developed countries that M-Cash can leverage.
As a project manager for M-Cash Uganda Limited your responsibilities will include:
- Planning and estimation – Develop plans at different levels to ensure full control of project progress
- Project progress – Always have full control of project progress in terms of time, working hours, budget and other resources
- Communication – Ensure communication flows efficiently between the right people at all times
- Task management – Create, distribute and follow up tasks given to different team members
- Documentation – Prepare the necessary documentation regarding the project, both before, during and after the project
- Reporting – Ensure information about the progress of the project, as well as other project information, is passed on to the right people in a summarized way
- Domain expertise – Keep yourself abreast with the newest project management tools and methodologies, and acquire knowledge in the domain of specific projects
- Networks – Establish and maintain networks to promote M-Cash and its culture
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
We are seeking an exceptional professional with over 2 years of work experience in software project management. Candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or software development or IT related background.
- Over 2 years of project management experience working with a team of software developers and business development managers
- Demonstrated experience using issue tracking software specifically JIRA.
- Relatively good understanding of the agile software project management methodology and practices
- Demonstrated experience translating customer needs into high-quality innovative tech solutions that deliver effective user experiences with the greatest organizational value
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate concepts across varied functional audiences
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple priorities yet be able to keep the focus on prioritizing based on what is likely to best drive M-Cash impact.
- Results oriented, with a strong business judgment and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what’s necessary.
- Demonstrated experience building and leading product teams with an emphasis on scaling them to meet the demands of a rapidly growing business
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and calculate the expected return on investment
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to lead and motivate teams, guide others without direct authority and influence senior leadership to collective success in a sometimes ambiguous environment
- Language: English required in all locations.