- Role: Operations and Communication Manager
- Organization: B Lab East Africa
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
B Lab East Africa is part of a global non-profit organization that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Launched in 2017, B Lab EA is working on creating the necessary infrastructure to inspire and enable a meaningful and lasting shift in the culture of business by:
- Building a global community of credible leaders, called Certified B Corporations (“B Corps”), that meet the highest standards of performance, accountability and transparency. B Corps offer a viable alternative to the status quo and drive change through their collective voice.
- Empowering millions of businesses to “Be Like a B Corp” in managing and governing their impact with the same care and rigor as their profits, through two initiatives: Measure What Matters and Mission Alignment.
- Inspiring billions of people to support business as a force for good through a public engagement strategy that embraces new forms of storytelling and leverages our extensive data.
This role supports the B Lab East team and B Movement in East Africa by building and fostering a pioneer community of businesses in the region. B Lab East Africa is currently working on establishing the founding B Corp Cohort in East Africa, with the first launch in Kenya in 2018. We are looking to add an operational and communications person to support this growth. The position will need someone with experience in business-to-business and multi-stakeholder marketing and communications, and creative to support in the pilot launch of the B Corp Community in East Africa.
- Working closely with the ED to develop financial forecast, analysis, and budget planning
- Manage an invoice system to ensure timely invoice follow-up and cash-flow management
- Working with the B Lab EA team to examine alternative revenue strategies in the market
- Develop new product tools as needed; map out the resource implications and financial advantages, and fit with priorities
- Assist in supervising and guiding the work of B Lab EA staff as well as considering opportunities to engage interns, volunteers or other available support
- Develop a communication and visibility strategy and support preparation of visibility materials (videos, brochures, newsletters)
- Develop and implement a robust donor and investors communications plan
- Create and maintain all marketing materials, including company & product brochures, website front pages, presentation templates, reports and other collateral
- Manage and expand B Lab East Africa content marketing & digital presence (blog, newsletter, social media)
- Work with B Lab EA partners to create appropriate profiles to be featured on website
- Support B Lab EA team in event planning and content development for the events.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and interests:
- Passion for B Lab’s mission to redefine success in business
- Excellent writing skills reflecting a persuasive voice in long form and social media contexts
- Self-sufficient, entrepreneurial personality capable of working in a startup environment
- Strong relationship-building and presentation skills
- At least 3 – 5 years work experience
- Able to work with people from different cultures, different personalities
- Proficient with collaborative tech platforms like Salesforce, Slack, Google Docs
- Salesforce proficiency
- Advanced Excel skills