- Role: Management Operations Advisor
- Venture: Whave Solutions
- Location: Kampala, Uganda, and 6 district offices
About Whave Solutions
Whave Solutions is a non-profit social enterprise registered in 2012 in Uganda. Whave has 50 staff, all Ugandans except two British staff living in Uganda long-term. The founder, Adam Harvey, has lived in Uganda since 2012. Whave’s purpose is to assist Uganda to achieve equitable national development and SDG goals, in particular the goal of universal access to safely managed water in rural areas. Whave works closely with rural communities, and with local and central governments, both as a pioneer and performance-benchmarking rural water utility, and as an advisory body building local government capacity to regulate rural water service provision. Whave is demonstrating preventive maintenance structures which promise to be financially self-sustainable within the Uganda economy, proving practical application in hundreds of communities already and providing an example internationally, currently with staff teams in 6 districts and expanding.
Whave is building professional capacity in rural Africa amongst company and service provider staff, local technicians and government officers. This requires assistance from experienced professionals such as managers, engineers and administrators, who have good understanding and ability to adapt their work and mentoring approach to local circumstances and conditions.
As a Management Operations Advisor for Whave, your responsibilities will include:
- Mentoring of Whave District Managers in respect of workplan implementation, reporting, analysis of parameters affecting progress, and professional development
- Supporting head office staff in respect of budget planning and tracking, professional development, I.T, accountability, effective administration, and communications
- Research into potential improvements to Whave performance, for example new financial or communication tools useful for cost-effective services in rural areas, and applying or testing these as requested
- Assisting with government partnership tasks and sourcing of appropriate subsidies
- As and when mutually agreed, represent Whave professionally at district meetings, workshops and conferences.
- As and when mutually agreed, prepare papers for co-authorship with Whave staff of suitable standard for web-site publication, focused on sustainability of reliable rural water services
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- excellent interpersonal and team-working skills
- professional experience at senior level in small organizations
- excellent work record and references
- degree-level education
- relevant experience
- good organizational skills, able to prioritize a complex workload and to work independently when needed
- open-minded and adaptable, empathic and diplomatic