- Role: Lead Developer
- Venture: Ensibuuko
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
Ensibuuko Tech Limited is a software firm operating in the financial technologies sector. Ensibuuko was registered in Uganda on October 13, 2014 and is specialised in developing software solutions for Microfinance institutions, mainly cooperative savings and credit entities.
The company provides a complete suite of backend SaaS-based solutions to member-owned financial institutions, such as SACCOs and other microfinance institutions in Africa. Our customers serve groups ranging in size from 100 – 35,000 end users. Mobis, our flagship product, provides core-banking services to these institutions. Based in Uganda, we are currently expanding into Rwanda, Tanzania, and Nigeria.
A fellow would be key to our vision as they would bring a unique skill set and also provide an avenue for our team to gain experience and insights from someone with a different cultural perspective.
Ensibuuko is looking for a Lead Software Developer who can guide a team of 6 – 8 junior and intermediate software developers in the development of Mobis, its category-leading core banking system for SACCOs (community-owned banks).
As a Lead Developer for Ensibuuko, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and improving our existing agile development process (running stand-ups, defining sprint content, etc.).
- Code reviews.
- Overseeing our systems for continuous integration and automated deployment and making improvements where appropriate.
- Supporting the professional development of individual team members.
- Managing and improving day-to-day operations of the software development team.
- Responsible for the overall design of the next version of Mobis, which will incorporate several major design changes and enhancements in collaboration with the product manager.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills and Qualifications
- 10 years of combined experience in software development and team management
- Experience with web applications for enterprise
- Knowledge of PHP/Laravel and object-oriented design
- Familiarity with accounting
- Experience in the design and development of banking software
- Knowledge of SACCO and microfinance institution operations/Community owned banks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential
We encourage candidates who have some but not all of the above qualifications to apply. We expect the successful candidate to spend the first few months working at Ensibuuko’s home office in Kampala, Uganda. Subsequent international travel may be required from time to time.