- Role: Knowledge Management Officer
- Venture: Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Busara is a research and advisory firm dedicated to advancing and applying behavioral science in the emerging markets. Busara applies rigorous research methods and evaluation tools to enable partners to improve program design, assess existing interventions, and optimize internal processes.We work with governments, NGOs, private companies and academics to understand human behavior, and design solutions to overcome behavioral barriers to products, programs and policies as they scale. Busara operates from its permanent offices in Kenya, Nigeria, Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania, and has worked on projects with with partners across the continent. We currently have 69 active projects, 112 completed projects,36 academic affiliations, 3 operational decision labs , and 145 full time staff.
Busara is a non-profit organization founded in 2012 by Professor Johannes Haushofer (Princeton University) and operating under the leadership of Dr. Jeremy Shapiro. We have worked on projects related to agriculture, financial inclusion, savings, inequality, entrepreneurship, civic engagement, and other questions central to development economics.
The Knowledge Management Officer is responsible for implementing internal initiatives which improve Busara’s internal and external communications. As our organisation spans across a wide range of sectors and disciplines, from highly academic lab experiments to strategic consulting for pan-African corporations, our communications must be as flexible and far reaching as our work.
As a Knowledge Management for Busara, your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with our Communications Officer to identify the best Case Study template format for our website and dissemination needs
- Organize and collate content into selected template for our communications collateral
- Implement system for Project teams to generate desired content at the end of each engagement
- Create communications best practices guides both for internal sharing and external dissemination
- Enforce common design and communications standards across all organizational outputs
- Support the execution of project collateral (such as proposals, client presentations, final reports, and other key deliverables) by providing guidance on content flow, use of language, tone of voice, clarity of information, etc
2. Knowledge Management
- Undertake an audit to identify Busara’s Knowledge Management needs
- Present proposal of potential solutions based on industry-standard best practices and our KM needs
- Contribute to the development of Busara’s Knowledge Management system to ensure transparent and efficient communication across project teams.
- Build a repository of all Busara-led project work in order to support Open Science, organise content accordingly
- Propose and implement a system to ensure the self-sufficiency of this platform/repository
- Build, communicate, and execute detailed plans in order to implement identified projects, working with internal subject matter experts, technical experts, management, etc. to complete each project.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in communications, knowledge management, systems design, policy outreach, PR, marketing, design or a related field.
- Experience working in teams, with a particular focus on communications, knowledge management, social media, policy outreach and design.
- A history of contributing strategically to organizations, with an emphasis on communications and knowledge management.
- Experience using data and state-of-the-art research to develop communications initiatives.
- An ability to work with and inspire people from a variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences.