Job Title: Fundraising Manager
Closing Date: June 10
Start date: June 2023
Position: Full time
Location: Remote; Applicants must be based in Canada
Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB) is looking for an experienced and innovative Fundraising Manager. Reporting to the CEO, the Fundraising Manager at Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Canada is responsible for managing and coordinating the organization’s fundraising activities The individual who will fill this position will have the primary objective of soliciting major gift donors and securing grants from foundations and corporations. Further, the Fundraising Manager will work with team members to create, implement and evaluate monthly giving, annual giving and legacy giving programs. Through collaboration, the Fundraising Manager will assist the fundraising team in producing compelling fundraising campaigns and initiatives.
This role requires a strategic and analytical thinker who can develop and execute fundraising plans that align with EWB’s overall mission and goals. The successful candidate will be an experienced fundraiser with a proven track record of success in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding relationships with individual donors, creating compelling grant proposals and of managing impactful and successful fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan for the organization
- Creation of the comprehensive strategy will include strategies to solicit major gift donors, monthly and annual giving, legacy gifts, corporate partnerships, and fundraising campaigns.
- Identify, research, and cultivate relationships with major gift donors.
- Identify, research, and submit proposals for small-scale, short-term grants from foundations and corporations.
- Work closely with the CEO to engage and solicit high-level donors and prospects.
- Work closely with the Annual Giving Manager to build and execute a strategy of annual giving that integrates with our main programming – including direct mail appeals, online giving, and employee giving campaigns.
- Develop and maintain relationships with legacy donors to ensure their continued support of EWB’s programs and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with the Communications team to develop and execute fundraising communications and marketing materials.
- Provide regular reports to the CEO and board on fundraising activities and progress towards fundraising goals.
- Manage and support fundraising staff, ensuring they have the resources and tools necessary to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as nonprofit management, communications and marketing, or business.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising for non-profits and/or charitable organizations, with a focus on major gifts, monthly and annual giving, legacy gifts, corporate partnerships, and foundations.
- Proven track record of identifying, cultivating, and stewarding relationships with donors, corporate partners, and foundations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to develop compelling fundraising materials and presentations.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Experience managing and leading fundraising staff.
- Familiarity with fundraising software and donor management databases, experience with Keela is a bonus
- Experience with digital campaigning, including tool development and analytics
- Desired: Proficiency in French
Salary commensurate with experience and comparable to similar roles in the non-profit sector. All employees are provided with a comprehensive health/dental benefits package, Professional Development allowance and 3 weeks of vacation per year.
What’s it like to work at EWB?
EWB is a high-performing team-based remote work environment. Our staff includes members based across Canada and in Africa.
Our office culture is one of passion, entrepreneurship, pragmatism, thoughtfulness, dedication and hard work. We have a strong commitment to excellence and achieving results. Our leaders, staff, and volunteers are youthful; this manifests in our dynamic and positive outlook.
Work hours are typically 9 am to 5:00 pm with varied hours as required by meetings or events.
Diversity, Inclusion and Gender Equality
EWB embraces diverse cultures, heritages, experiences and opinions in efforts to enrich our programes and foster inclusive decision making. EWB is committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free employment free from discrimination, and to hiring diverse candidates.
EWB believes that gender discrimination is a root cause of global poverty and economic inequality, and the achievement of gender equality is integral to our mission of achieving systemic change and creating a more just society. We seek to achieve a vision of a more equitable society, inherent to which is the enjoyment of human rights and fundamental freedoms by all persons, regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, class, ethnicity, disability, age or another status.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Note “Fundraising Manager” in the subject line.