- Role: Fundraising Manager
- Organization: B Lab East Africa
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
B Lab East Africa is part of a global non-profit organisation that serves a global movement of people using business as a force for good. Launched in 2017, B Lab EA is working on creating the necessary infrastructure to inspire and enable a meaningful and lasting shift in the culture of business by:
- Building a global community of credible leaders, called Certified B Corporations (“B Corps”), that meet the highest standards of performance, accountability and transparency. B Corps offer a viable alternative to the status quo and drive change through their collective voice.
- Empowering millions of businesses to “Be Like a B Corp” in managing and governing their impact with the same care and rigor as their profits, through two initiatives: Measure What Matters and Mission Alignment.
- Inspiring billions of people to support business as a force for good through a public engagement strategy that embraces new forms of storytelling and leverages our extensive data.
This role supports the Regional Director and Board of Directors in creating long-term value for B Lab East Africa by building and fostering a community of funding partners and supporters. The manager will also work closely with B Lab Global Strategic Growth Team in New York to create a unique approach to development and long term sustainability at B Lab East Africa.
- Assist the Regional Director in developing materials to communicate strategic priorities and goals to prospective and current partners.
- Identify and research funding prospects including high net worth individuals, foundations, and development finance institutions.
- Identifying internal programs that relate to funder interest and working with internal management team to develop and share these programs.
- Developing pitch angles and designing accompanying visual presentations
- Writing grants with clear objectives, benchmarks, and deliverables that reflect the priorities and intentions of the B Lab EA team
- Information management related to caseload of funders
- Building relationships with the broader B Lab community (B Corporations, champions, and funders) to grow the network of possible partners.
- Timely and accurate grant reporting.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress toward goals, providing statistical reports, on an ongoing basis and as requested
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Passion for using business as a force for good and for the mission of B Lab
- 3-5 years’ experience in non-profit development cultivating strategic relationships and partnerships, preferably with foundations and family offices OR 3 – 5 years’ experience in grant making
- Exceptional writing, communication, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated relationship management and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to relate to donor prospects, potential sponsors, and colleagues.
- Meticulous organizational and time management skills.
- Detail-oriented individual who can execute on multiple projects concurrently in a fast paced environment
- Salesforce proficiency
- Advanced Excel skills