- Role: Engagement Officer
- Organization: PEG Ghana
- Location: Accra, Ghana
PEG Ghana delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised $10 million and has 200 full time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and has been named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
About the role
PEG’s business model is driven by two major units: the sales one that ultimately gives the product to customers and the credit team that needs to ensure the right customers are selected and empowered to repay the product on time. A key driver for customer repayment is driven by our sales team who are the people who select, engage and onboard/educate customers.
The purpose of this role is to be the key engagement lead of the credit unit to the sales team by developing the metrics, the processes and tools to drive sales team understanding of the quality of their work and train/coach them in order to drive the selection, education and onboarding of customers that would be able, willing to pay a product they need – enabling PEG to ensure resources are used.
The key position objectives are:
- Define metrics to assess quality of sales and link reward structure to this (commission structure, bonuses)
- Collaborate across teams to define processes (sales, training, onboarding, etc..) to ensure best quality of sales are achieved
- Define coaching plan and consequence matrix (train, promote, coach, dismiss) with proposition components that will be delivered to sales team
- Ensure End to End management (planning, internal and external stakeholder management, process creations and implementation) of credit-sales engagement
- Contribute to company processes to ensure credit-sales engagement can successfully run operationally after implementation
- Manage interdepartmental partnership to ensure fulfillment of credit-sales goals
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Good Business Analytical competencies needed – Excel is sufficient.
- Business development experience with respect to building partnerships is required
- Strong implementation experience in an environment with a lot of cross-departmental engagements: 3+ years of Product Marketing Manager experience preferred (Telco, FMCG) or in a business performance management role