- Role: Digital Marketing Manager
- Venture: Annona
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Annona is an award-winning social enterprise that is taking global food trade by storm. We are perfecting a mobile platform that simplifies trading between buyers and small-scale producers worldwide. Night and day we think about how to transform trading data into useful products and services that are both affordable and efficient.
The Annona platform is a mobile application to document details a buyer would otherwise write down on paper and pen, tracking purchases from farmers and sales to retailers. For more formal companies, Annona provides additional web-based enterprise software to centralize, customize and approve processes for their company. 25,000 farmers have profiles on Annona in 15 countries. We are on a path to becoming the largest platform for small-scale producer trading in the world.
Great traders and farmers receive financial services based on their Annona trading activity and other external factors used to build a credit history. Retail consumers can learn about where their food comes from.
We are looking for someone to help us execute our customer engagement strategy through data-driven digital marketing campaigns. Annona attracts users from all over the world, and from many channels: social media, WhatsApp, search engines, word-of-mouth referrals, and more. From exporters in Kenya to NGOs based in Ecuador, we see new users join Annona every week. This position is based in Nairobi, Kenya and will work directly with the CEO to create, perfect and execute scalable teams and systems in marketing and engagement. Our team has been handed a strategy to provide the best user experience and we are looking for a fellow to manage the systems to implement it over the year using data-driven methods
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Digital communications experience, preferably to external and internal audiences
- Systems thinker and implementer
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years working experience; Preferably 5+ years experience in a startup
- Bachelor’s degree; English fluency required (written and spoken) and other languages are a plus (French/Spanish/Swahili preferred)
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial aptitude: Annona hasn’t done much communication work so far
- Preferred understanding of agricultural supply chains / new payment technologies or demonstrate fast learning of new concepts / ideas
- High personal standard for excellence