- Role: Deputy Chief Impact Officer
- Venture: Viamo
- Location:Kampala, Uganda
Viamo (formerly know as VOTO Mobile) is a fast growing social enterprise with over 100 staff spread across 25 offices around the world including hub offices in Accra, Kampala and Kigali. Viamo works on a global scale to catalyze a tech-focused movement connecting non-profits, governments, and businesses to the people they serve using the digital technologies they have in their pockets.
Our vision is a world where all people have access to the information they need to make decisions for healthy, prosperous lives, and have meaningful relationships with governments, civil society and businesses.
Viamo has been relatively successful at convincing development organizations, one at a time, to consider mobile as part of their impact strategy. Over time, we have helped our partners implement hundreds of projects in over 100 countries and reached tens of millions of people. Viamo is excited to finally invest in documenting and learning from these stories, as well as sharing them with the development community.
- Understand Viamo’s theory of change, and the main assumptions that underpin it.
- Create a framework for measuring Viamo’s impact, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Create a template for Viamo to report on our impact to staff and partners.
- Publish Viamo’s impact report.
- Work closely with Viamo’s Chief Operating Officer to create, communicate and implement recommendations to improve Viamo’s impact (scale, significance and sustainability).
- Work closely with our Program Managers to publish impact reports by project.
- Work closely with our Program Managers to run experiments that will validate best practices in program design and implementation.
- Develop partnerships with external organisations who can help validate and improve Viamo’s social impact.
- Present Viamo’s impact vision, strategy and results to the board.
- Viamo impact framework, strategy and recommendations, updated quarterly.
- Program impact reports for >25% of our programs.
- List of design best practices that improve impact results by >10%.
- Monthly Viamo impact reports.
- Semi-yearly impact report and presentation to the board.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- We are looking for a highly passionate and skilled ‘intrapreneur’ who can help rally Viamo’s resources behind her/his vision for greater impact. Evidence of leadership ability are required.
- Sharp analytical skills for problem solving, prioritizing and argument building.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills (Bilingual English and French is an asset). Writing portfolio will be asked as part of the selection process.
- Experience with impact measurement in an international development context.
- Basic skills in SQL and statistical analysis software, and/or advanced skills in MS Excel.
- Demonstrated autonomous aptitude: supervision for the role will be virtual.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial aptitude: Viamo doesn’t have a mature impact measurement function yet.
- High personal standard for excellence.
- Strong interest/passion for the role of mobile engagement in development.