- Role: Chief Financial Officer
- Venture: ENERGY GENERATION
- Location: Accra, Ghana
About ENERGY GENERATION
Energy Generation is an organization which supports young Africans in addressing their generation’s challenges through entrepreneurship and technological innovation, focusing on access to energy issues.
2016, we set up the first training centre offering an intensive one-year training program for entrepreneurship in the field of energy in Lome, Togo. Since then, Energy Generation has trained 14 young entrepreneurs from 12 different countries.
Energy Generation is at a turning point of its history, pivoting and scaling. Starting September 2019, we aim at opening the training center’s doors to 100 students every year and delivering high standard graduate courses on entrepreneurship for development.
As Energy Generation is a young fast evolving structure, we are looking for passionate and skilled candidates to join our team. We look for people who share our vision and are eager to make a real impact. The ideal candidates must be autonomous, flexible and above all proactive in carrying out their missions. A strong team spirit, good resistance to stress and the ability to manage unexpected events are also valuable.
As a Chief Financial Officer for Energy Generation, your responsibilities will include:
Accounting and management control
- Ensure that the accounts are properly managed and that the association’s accounting documents are drawn up;
- Improve the association’s financial and administrative management system.
Cash flow and financing
- Supervise the association’s treasury;
- Define the cash flow budget in order to anticipate external financing needs;
- Manage fundraisings;
- Participate in the development of the association’s financial resources management strategy;
- Establish and update financial dashboards;
- Control established agreements and commitments.
Venture Capital Seed Fund
- Support the set up of a Venture Capital Seed Fund;
- Lead discussions with potential investors / partners / funds of funds / etc;
- Design and implement investment and reporting processes.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Master degree in Finance / Business Administration
- Previous work experiences as a Financial officer / manager or other relevant position
- Fluency in written and oral English and French
- Experiences in Africa and/or as an entrepreneur are highly valuable
- Knowledge of access to energy and education issues in Africa would be appreciated
- Team player, committed and result-oriented