- Role: CFO Consultant with Focus on Accounting and Receivables
- Venture: Burro
- Location: Koforidua, Ghana
Burro® sells quality products that help our customers save more and earn more. From simple innovations like our home solar power systems, to the world’s most fuel-efficient gari roaster, the Elephant™, Burro products deliver better living affordably. Our collaborative, innovative, and dynamic team is making a real difference in the lives of real people across Ghana and beyond. You’re welcome to join in the magic Burro is creating.
This is an opportunity to accelerate a project vital to our mission while immersing yourself professionally and culturally with Ghanaians from all walks of life. Burro elevates, celebrates, and develops smart, collaborative, problem-solving, hard-working, civic-minded, entrepreneurial leaders—so expect fast-paced learning, an inspirational mission, and regular demands to step up and live up to Burro’s promise, Do More.
As CFO Consultant for Burro, your responsibilities will include:
- Analyze Burro’s current financial position and recommend strategies for maximizing growth and profitability. Build the capacity of Burro’s Finance Manager to perform similar analysis post-fellowship.
- Work with Burro’s Credit Manager to develop and document best practices in Accounts Receivable.
- Work with Burro’s Operations Director and Finance Department to review and upgrade Burro’s accounting policies and procedures.
- Review the Burro Finance Department’s current use of ICT and discuss any potential for improvement with Burro’s Operations Director and ICT Manager.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, with a specialization in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- At least 5-years’ experience in an accounting or finance department, with startup experience preferred. Experience in asset financing or microfinance is a plus.
- At least 2-years’ experience in management.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze company performance and make actionable strategic recommendations.
- Willing to relocate to Koforidua, Ghana.
- Passion for delivering on Burro’s promise—Do More.