Type: Business, Operations
Role: Business Operations Lead
Venture: Akorion Company LTD
Location: Kampala Uganda
Deadline: July 14, 2019
About Akorion Company LTD (Akorion)
Akorion is an ag-tech for profit company registered in Uganda to leverage ICT to digitize the agricultural value chain. Using EzyAgric (Akorion’s mobile and web platform), Akorion is efficiently delivering inclusive and data-driven access to finance, production and marketing services for farmers and agribusinesses. Since 2015, EzyAgric has provided services to over 65,000 farmers through 100 farmer groups across Uganda.
In partnership with Akorion, as a Fellow with Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB Canada) you will be placed as Business Operations Lead with Akorion to work their team in Uganda. Throughout your Fellowship with EWB, you will receive guidance, mentorship and financial support from the community in Canada and in East and West Africa.
About EWB Canada
EWB is a free-thinking charitable organization that brings people and ideas together to tackle the most crucial causes of poverty and inequality. We nurture talent and leadership, enable social entrepreneurship and advocate for policy innovations to cross-breed systems-changing innovations to ensure economic and public opportunity reaches everyone, including the most underserved and marginalized populations, especially women and girls.
Through our leadership curriculum and Fellowships Program, we offer experiential learning opportunities in Canada and sub-Saharan Africa to launch future shapers equipped to understand and re-engineer complex social systems. For more information, visit ewb.ca.
Akorion is a youth led company founded in 2015 with most of its co founders having computing background. With this background, fellows with business development experience are great compliment to the computing team for the growth of EzyAgric services delivery to reach more farmers and agribusinesses. The ideal candidate is a smart, hardworking, passionate, energetic and team player with at least 3-5 years proven track record in tech products business development and willing to learn.
As a BOL for Akorion, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with and assist the head of business development department (Chief Business Development Officer – CBDO);
- Lead business development activities through sales, relationship management, marketing communications, and customer service of B2C & B2B customer channels, business strategic partners, directs, administers, and;
- Coordinate and business operational strategic and execution activities for Akorion Company LTD in accordance with its’ policies, goals, and objectives.
Work with and assist the senior management to bi-annually review, document, standardize and publish; Akorion fund raising documentations such as; investment readiness documents (business plan, historical and projected financial model, pitch deck, impact testimonials). Customer acquisition journey, sales journey, strategic partners acquisition journey, marketing strategy and communication strategy. Standard operation procedures (Human resource strategy, service delivery process maps, procurement processes).
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- BOL must have a minimum of a degree in Business Administration or any related course with at least 3-5 years proven track record in business development (tech products will be of high priority), business strategy development and company management consultancy;
- BOL with or willing to learn any of these added skills in; agribusiness advisory, business/proposal writing, project management, emerging markets strategies and strategic partnerships management will be of added advantage;
- The ideal candidate will be smart, hardworking, passionate, energetic, social and team player with at least 3-5 years proven track record in tech products business development and willing to learn.
- For inquiries about the EWB Fellowship experience, please contact: email@example.com
- For inquiries about the role with Akorion, please contact: William Luyinda
For further details,, please refer to our website.