- Role: Business Development Manager
- Venture: ENERGY GENERATION
- Location: Accra, Ghana
About ENERGY GENERATION
Energy Generation is an organization which supports young Africans in addressing their generation’s challenges through entrepreneurship and technological innovation, focusing on access to energy issues.
2016, we set up the first training centre offering an intensive one-year training program for entrepreneurship in the field of energy in Lome, Togo. Since then, Energy Generation has trained 14 young entrepreneurs from 12 different countries.
Energy Generation is at a turning point of its history, pivoting and scaling. Starting September 2019, we aim at opening the training center’s doors to 100 students every year and delivering high standard graduate courses on entrepreneurship for development
As Energy Generation is a young fast evolving structure, we are looking for passionate and skilled candidates to join our team. We look for people who share our vision and are eager to make a real impact. The ideal candidates must be autonomous, flexible and above all proactive in carrying out their missions. A strong team spirit, good resistance to stress and the ability to manage unexpected events are also valuable.
As a Business Developer Manager for ENERGY GENERATION, your responsibilities will include:
Marketing and communications
- Design and implement a communication plan;
- Design and implement a marketing strategy to attract talented and motivated students.
- Lead discussions with potential financial and technical partners;
- Close relevant deals for the organization’s development;
Programs and services development
- Participate in training programs’ design and implementation;
- Develop innovative training programs for corporates and institutions;
- Develop innovative training programs on entrepreneurship for development (health, education, culture, agriculture, etc) ;
- Design and implement new support services for students.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Master degree in Business Administration / Science of Management
- Previous work experiences as a project manager
- Fluency in written and oral English and French
- Experiences in Africa and/or as an entrepreneur are highly valuable
- Knowledge of access to energy and education issues in Africa would be appreciated
- Team player, committed and result-oriented