- Role: Business Development Executive
- Venture: The Innovation Village Kampala
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
About The Innovation Village
The Innovation Village is Uganda’s Launchpad for leading Innovators and entrepreneurs. From helping entrepreneurs launch and grow high-impact ventures to attracting regional and global opportunities, our startup ecosystem approach converges multiple ecosystem partners including public, private, academia, research and civil society as one force for good.
We are at the heart of an interconnected network of entrepreneurs, academia, private sector, government, investors, believers, and doers. Every day we look for ways to deliver impactful solutions for grand challenges by leveraging innovation and technology.
We believe in the transformational role of technology and entrepreneurship and the promise it brings to deliver social benefits. As innovators we believe in the role of diversity and a global view or experience that the fellows will bring will enrich the search for optimum outcomes as we continue to work together and learn from each other.
Are you known for working effectively across disciplines? A model for innovation? A born teacher/facilitator? Do you have a natural curiosity? If so, this opportunity may be just the fit for you!
As a Business Development Executive for The Innovation Village your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the search for optimal startup and technical partners. Deliver and evolve an actionable story for stakeholders about why the Acceleration programme is a great place to build high-growth tech startups.
- Conduct primary and secondary research on industry and market trends and disruptive technology to identify acceleration opportunities.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and deliver ideal open innovation programs, including strategy, running prototype testing pilot programs, and helping to scale startup /partner relationships beyond the initial engagement.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
People describe you as curious, proactive, adaptable, gritty and collaborative. You must also balance a passion and deep understanding of innovation with the ability to execute and deliver extraordinary results. These are the traits we value:
- Passion for Innovation: A demonstrated interest and desire to participate in innovation through personal study, on-the-job initiative, or other endeavours.
- Ability to Deliver Results: A track record for being able to set a vision and strategy, organize and lead a team, and implement to meet and exceed expectations.
- Entrepreneurial Attitude: A proactive outlook that provides the chutzpah needed to overcome barriers, creatively problem solve, and challenge conventional thinking.
- Comfort with Ambiguity: A willingness and aptitude for spending time in and thriving with deep uncertainty and environments where there is no clear “right answer”.
- Positive Outlook: A desire to look past the challenged in search of the opportunity.
- Empathy & a Teacher’s Mindset: The ability to teach and mentor effectively, successfully facilitate teams and different personalities in training sessions, and to care deeply about his/her colleague’s growth, understanding, and experience.
- Bias for Action: A need for speed; demonstrated ability to make decisions quickly and to act upon them