- Role: Business Development Advisor
- Venture: Akorion Company LTD
- Location: Kampala, Uganda
About Akorion Company LTD (Akorion)
Akorion is an Ag-Tech for profit company registered in Uganda to leverage ICT to digitize the agricultural value chain. Using EzyAgric (Akorion’s mobile and web platform), Akorion is efficiently delivering inclusive and data-driven access to finance, production and marketing services for farmers and agribusinesses. Since 2015, EzyAgric has provided services to over 63,000 farmers through 100 farmer groups across Uganda.
As Business Development Advisor with Akorion, you will work with the Akorion team in Uganda, with guidance, mentorship and financial support from the Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB) community in Canada and in East and West Africa.
Akorion is a youth-led company founded in 2015 with most of its cofounders having computing background. With this background, fellows with business development experience are great compliment to the computing team for the growth of EzyAgric services delivery to reach more farmers and agribusinesses. The ideal candidate is a smart, hardworking, passionate, energetic and team player with at least 3-5 years proven track record in tech products business development and willing to learn.
As a BDA for Akorion, your responsibilities will include:
- Work with and assist the head of the business development department (Chief Business Development Officer – CBDO) to lead business development activities through sales, relationship management, marketing communications, and customer service of B2C & B2B customer channels, business strategic partners, directs, administers
- Coordinatate business operational strategic and execution activities for Akorion Company LTD in accordance with its’ policies, goals, and objectives.
Work with and assist the senior management to bi-annually review, document, standardize and publish:
- Akorion fund raising documentations such as; investment readiness documents (business plan, historical and projected financial model, pitch deck, impact testimonials).
- Customer acquisition journey, sales journey, strategic partners acquisition journey, marketing strategy and communication strategy
- Standard operation procedures (human resource strategy, service delivery process maps, procurement processes).
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- A degree in business administration or any related course with at least 3-5 years proven track record in business development (tech products will be of high priority, business strategy development and company management consultancy
- Willing to learn any of these added skills in; agribusiness advisory, business/proposal writing, project management, emerging markets strategies and strategic partnerships management will be of added advantage.
- The ideal candidate will be smart, hardworking, passionate, energetic, social and team player with at least 3-5 years proven track record in tech products business development and willing to learn.