- Role: Business Developer
- Venture: Yusudi Limited
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Yusudi runs innovative, tech-powered blended learning projects with a great ambition to change the way we learn and realize our potential. We work on the programs complementing and replacing the outdated learning methods for skills development; to enable an adaptive, individual-focused, highly practical and empowering way to become better at one’s desired activities, be it for business, career or personal growth.
We have started as a team of 2 in January 2016, and since that time grew into a social business of 20 passionate driven employees with a total revenue over USD 200.000 reinvested in the company. We have represented Kenya on the Global Impact Accelerator SLUSH 2016, and are supported by the international partners in our impact and research in learning design. We are open-minded and committed to our purpose. Until now we have impacted over 2000 youth and 200 organizations and this is just the first step in our ambitious journey to expand across the borders and continents.
We have a culture of being both supportive and demanding to ourselves, we challenge and give opportunities for growth. In case you are looking for demanding and rewarding experience of a fast-growing startup team, do not hesitate to apply!
Yusudi is an entrepreneurial, dynamic, fast-changing team, looking for a new member to bring our company to a new level through business development as we are planning to scale and expand in the next 1 year in terms of location and market reach. If you are ambitious, social, open-minded and interested in work on international level in sales and marketing, you are welcome to apply!
As a Business Developer for Yusudi, your responsibilities will include:
Market data research and analysis
- Organize and analyze Yusudi customer data
- Produce data reports with inputs for further marketing strategies
- Produce data reports for Yusudi’s social impact tracking and showcasing
- Conduct further external market research among youth, SME, and ed-tech sectors, within and outside of Kenya, to create inputs for Yusudi’s business development and expansion strategies
Business development strategies design and implementation
- Design proposals for business development strategies of Yusudi (e.g. strategy for growing corporate business partner, or expansion in terms of location etc.), present them to the management of the company for discussion and approval
- Implement the approved strategies through collaboration with other departments of Yusudi, as well as individual projects and initiatives, e.g. opening a new branch of the company in a different city/country etc.
- Manage the implementation process ensuring timely tracking and changes if need be
Corporate stakeholders’ relationship management
- Develop a strategy for Yusudi to build a wider network of corporate clients and partners internationally
- Implement the strategy through collaboration with other departments of Yusudi and individual projects/initiative such as direct sales, strategic partnerships development, research and application for the related programs etc.
- Management of the long-term relationships with the corporate clients of Yusudi through timely follow-ups, feedback collection etc.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience in business development/sales/marketing on national or international level
- Strong interest in the educational industry
- Strong record in sales
- Resistance to adversity and rejection
- Self-driven approach to work
- Creative problem-solving
- Flexibility and open-minded attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in business consultancy (talent, organizational development etc.) is an advantage