- Role: Business Coach
- Venture: Matunda Hub
- Location: Soroti, Uganda
About Matunda Hub
Matunda Hub is a start-up social enterprise based in Soroti, Eastern Uganda with a mission to support rural and urban youth to develop (fruit) agribusinesses in Uganda through entrepreneurship skills, capacity building in value addition, access to shared agro-processing facilities and equipment, technology, seed capital, coaching, mentoring and networking through existing and developing new community structures.
Matunda Hub facilitates fruit sector development and creates a platform for stakeholders to make it easy to interact and find their position in the community to effectively and positively contribute to a socially and economically healthy environment.
Moreover, Matunda Hub is currently developing its own fruit-related product line (dried fruits, fruit powder etc) to offer a market to fruit farmers, reach financial self-sustainability and create jobs in the region.
At Matunda Hub, we envision a world where every young person in Uganda has the opportunity to be employed or self-employed to pursue a decent living. As a start-up, we believe in and build upon innovative and disrupting approaches to solve social and economic problems, such as unemployment, poverty and skills redundancy, as a key to impact and change. We are therefore looking for a hands-on, creative and open-minded candidate to support our social enterprise.
As a Business Coach for Matunda Hub, your responsibilities will include:
- Design, test and implement a working model for Business coaching
- Brainstorm with the team to develop engaging coaching ideas.
- Develop a plan on how to provide business extension services.
- Provide one-on-one business coaching and technical assistance for incubatees and selected partners at their premises (involves travel throughout the Teso sub-region).
- Educating clients on business model, business plan, product-market fit, customer generation and cash management.
- Assisting incubatees and partners in the development of marketing materials, social media channels, record keeping systems and other tools.
- Connect/link clients to other Matunda Hub partners to create mutual beneficial partnerships.
- Support in entrepreneurship training following a lean start-up approach and business model canvas.
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- The ideal candidate should be a student of Entrepreneurship, Business, Marketing or Project Management.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experienced in business start-up environment, running own business or project or having held leadership positions
- Excellent in listening and asking (guiding) questions
- Intercultural sensitivity and adaptability to new environments
- Empathy (putting yourself in the someone else’s shoes)
- Knowledge on lean start-up approaches and the business model canvas are an added advantage
- Entrepreneurial mindset is a plus: flexibility, open-mindedness, problem solving skills and creativity.
- Excellent writing, organization, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Strong computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Social and outgoing personality who relates easily with others
- Confident and self-motivated
- Open-mindedness to work in a start-up environment