The core purpose of the community team is to build and foster a resilient, adaptive, and healthy community of people and engagement structures to fuel the EWB vision.
We do this by supporting community members to become Systems Change Leaders. Our community members create change that is aligned with EWB’s five portfolios, provide a stellar talent pipeline for EWB and the sector, and help sustain our organization.
Director of Community
- Leads EWB’s global programs on community, policy and advocacy
- Has a held multiple leadership roles in youth-led organizations, and has a decade of experience working at the United Nations as a global expert on youth participation and leadership.
- Has a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) from Columbia University, New York, and a law degree (BSL.LLB) from the ILS Law College at the University of Pune, India
Manager of Community Engagement
- Holds a degree in Political Science from Western University
- Brings a diverse set of experiences working on campaigns at the municipal, provincial, and federal levels
- Experience managing a province-wide recruitment, training, and mobilization of grass-roots volunteers for a national campaign
- Experience working as a political aide at the provincial and federal government
- Passionate about supporting the development of leadership in young people
- Supports the work of EWB Chapter community in developing their leadership capacity and operational activities
- Holds a degree in Political Studies from Queen’s University
- Has over four years of experience as a community organizer & leader at grassroots and organizational levels
- Continues to work with youth-led organizations focused on equity and inclusion
- Works on digital engagement and mobilization
- Has experience managing a municipal campaign
Senior Coordinator, Convenings & Community
- Holds a degree in Civil/Environmental engineering from the University of Alberta.
- Brings five years of EWB experience with chapters, working on multiple distributed teams and in several executive roles.
- Invests in the leadership of EWB’s chapter community.