Engineers of Tomorrow reframes the external and internal expectations of the engineering community to encourage more effective, sustainable, and equitable practices.
Powerful, strategic, community-driven outreach to unlock the higher potential for the engineering profession to contribute to society.
Since 2012, we have worked with professional associations, universities, engineering companies and (most importantly) thousands of volunteers to shape the future of the engineering profession, by telling better stories about it today.
Engineers of Tomorrow aims to influence the general public’s perception of engineering and to inspire the next generation of game-changers and innovators.
The initiative is born from our genuine belief that the engineering profession can change the world. By utilizing the power of grassroots engagement and the latest evidence-based insights, Engineers of Tomorrow ensures people around the world are aware of the engineering community’s global contribution.
- Tripled the size of the National Engineering Month campaign in Ontario over 5 years.
- More than doubled the size of the Engineer-In-Residence Program over 3 years.
- Revamped strategy of all outreach programs to include evidence-based insights.
- Rallied a community around youth outreach with a focus on science, technology, engineering and mathematics. We guide the community to embrace best practices, tell powerful engineering stories, and currently influence over 100,000 young people!
- Partnered with Professional Engineers Ontario, the Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists, the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers and the Ontario Network of Women in Engineering.
How to get involved.
- Send us your story. We are always looking for students and professionals to profile as part of the Engineers of Tomorrow initiative.
- Engage young people in your life and community, with a view to articulating why engineering and technology are important for you personally, and for the planet.
- Check out best practices for engineering outreach and try to apply them.
- Invite us to speak at your next chapter meeting or special event.
- Ask you can get involved with our programs in your community.