Redefine your 9 to 5. Use your skills and experience to help socially-minded startups grow their businesses. These social ventures are reshaping the systems in which they work by applying innovation and passion to their everyday — you can too.
The Fellowship Program is designed to help Canadian professionals gain experience working and living in emerging markets, and match social enterprises in sub-Saharan Africa with the essential talent they need to grow and scale.
EWB is recruiting 15-17 Fellows for 12-month placements with innovative startups in Ghana, Uganda, Kenya and Cote D’Ivoire. The roles are not only for Engineers; we are hiring business analysts, evaluation officers, fundraisers, and more. Explore all of our Spring 2018 opportunities below. Deadline to apply is February 23, 2018.
Business and Finance Roles
- Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – African Internship Academy
- Business Analyst – Laboremus
- Engagement Officer – PEG
- Business Process Consultant – PEG
- Operations Associate – Bloom Impact
- Business Developer – LONO (French/English Bilingual)
- Financial Analyst – LONO (French/English Bilingual)
- Projects & Performance Manager – PEG CIV (French/English Bilingual)
- Partnerships Manager – PEG CIV (French/English Bilingual)
- Access to Finance Manager – Spark (French/English Bilingual)
- Organizational Development Officer – Spark (French/English Bilingual)
- HR Officer – Laboremus
- Talent Manager – Viamo
- Sanergy Fellow – Sanergy
- Design Lab Coordinator – Asheshi
- Business Analyst – Aspire Food Group Ghana
Content Creation Roles
- Marketing & Communications Manager – Viamo
- Fundraising Manager – African Internship Academy
- Communications and Fundraising Specialist – Imuka
Tech and Data Science Roles
- Product Owner – Laboremus
- Web Application Developer – Laboremus
- Product Manager – Numida
- Junior Mobile Developer – Numida
- Incubator Fellow – MEST
- Software Development Manager – LishaBora
- Data Scientist – Numida
- Data Scientist – Viamo
You must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident in order to apply. Due to the volume of applicants, only eligible candidates will be contacted.
We highly encourage applicants to apply for more than one role as this is a highly competitive program. If you would like to submit your candidacy to more than one role, please fill out separate forms.
EWB Values Diversity
Engineers Without Borders is committed to diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates, including aboriginal persons, francophones, members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women. We will provide any requested accommodation to candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
EWB Fellowship Application | Mise en candidature pour les stages d’ISF