Run 2 End Poverty

Let’s step up for the environment, together!

Get active and take action against climate change!

The Run 2 End Poverty (R2EP) is a virtual event held on October 16-17th 2021, the weekend of the United Nations International Day of the Eradication of Poverty. Participate in the R2EP and walk, run, bike, kayak or swim to help us promote a conversation around environmental sustainability efforts as a critical step towards ending global poverty.

Visit the R2EP event page to register for the event or make a donation to support the R2EP teams and participants.

REGISTER NOW

Important FAQs 

What is the deadline to register?

For participants within Canada, it is suggested that you register before October 1st to receive the participant package in time. Participants outside of Canada will need to register by September 15th to receive the R2EP participant package in time.

Is this donation tax-deductible?

Engineers Without Borders Canada is a recognized charitable organization with a charitable registration number 89980-1815-RR0001. Engineers Without Borders Canada provides tax receipts for donations $20 and above. We thank you for your patience and understanding with regard to your tax receipt. You can expect to receive your tax receipt once the event has concluded.

What does my entry fee pay for?

Your entry fee is 100% tax-deductible and is used to help facilitate the administration costs associated with the event so more donation dollars can go to our programs. In addition, you will receive the R2EP participant package with your registration that includes the R2EP T-Shirt along with many other great sponsor offerings.

Where do my donations go?

The proceeds from this year’s Run 2 End Poverty will be used towards EWB programming that supports in finding permanent solutions for problems caused by climate change. From the EWB chapter team donations, 70% will go to the project in most need. The other 30% of EWB chapter team donations will be allocated to your chapter fund that will be used to fund projects related to environmental sustainability throughout the 2021/2022 school year.

What if I am no longer able to participate?

The best part about a virtual run is that you get to determine what it looks like. Maybe you change the length of what you planned or if you want to do it a day early and post photos on the day of! Make it work for your schedule!

Can I post photos after the race?

Yes! We encourage you to share your training and run experience! Upload your pictures to the gallery on the event page and share them with us on social media, or directly share them on Instagram, LinkedIn or Twitter using the hashtags #StepUpForTheEnviornment #R2EP2021 #EWBCanada.

Is there a minimum age to register for the run?

To register for the Run 2 End Poverty you must be at least 18 years of age, or the legal age of majority where you reside if that jurisdiction has an older age of majority. If you are under 18, you are allowed to participate with your parent’s or guardian’s permission and supervision, but will not be able to create your own account. 

Where are the R2EP t-shirts printed? 

It is important to EWB to support local businesses, and thus we are excited to be working with a women-led organization based locally in Toronto to print the R2EP participant t-shirts. 

Donate Now

Help us build a better world

Donate Now