Type: Business, Marketing, Technology Development, Operations
Role: Ensibuuko Fellow
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: July 7 2019
Ensibuuko Tech Limited is a software firm operating in the financial technologies sector. Ensibuuko is specialised in developing software solutions for Microfinance institutions, mainly cooperative savings and credit entities.
The company provides a complete suite of backend SaaS-based solutions to member-owned financial institutions, such as SACCOs and other microfinance institutions in Africa. Our customers serve groups ranging in size from 100 – 35,000 end users. Mobis, our flagship product, provides core-banking services to these institutions. Based in Uganda, we are currently expanding into Rwanda, Tanzania, and Nigeria.
In partnership with Ensibuuko, as a Fellow with Engineers Without Borders Canada, you will be placed with the Ensibuuko team in Uganda.Throughout your Fellowship with EWB, with guidance, mentorship, and financial support from the community in Canada and in East and West Africa.
About Engineers Without Borders Canada (EWB)
EWB is a free-thinking charitable organization that brings people and ideas together to tackle the most crucial causes of poverty and inequality. We nurture talent and leadership, enable social entrepreneurship and advocate for policy innovations to cross-breed systems-changing innovations to ensure economic and public opportunity reaches everyone, including the most underserved and marginalized populations, especially women and girls.
Through our leadership curriculum and Fellowships Program, we offer experiential learning opportunities in Canada and sub-Saharan Africa to launch future shapers equipped to understand and re-engineer complex social systems. For more information, visit ewb.ca.
A fellow would be key to our vision as they would bring a unique skill set and also provide an avenue for our team to gain experience and insights from someone with a different cultural perspective.
Ensibuuko seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek Fellows to work in the following departments:
- Sales and Operations – Management information systems (MOBIS);
- Product and Service Delivery Design;
- Marketing – Brand Strategy;
- Software developer – IT department.
- Working within the department to which you are assigned to help identify opportunities to drive business forward and support growth opportunities and initiatives
- Facilitating smooth running of company business in the communities it serves
- Assisting with the overall operations including carrying out general administrative tasks when need be.
- Analyze market trends and identify new industry opportunities and challenges.
Sounds exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate has the following background:
- Minimum Undergraduate Degree in any relevant field;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong time management, organizational, and prioritization skills;
- Excellent communication skills on all levels;
- Relentless desire to improve yourself, your team, and your organization;
- A collaborative and creative mentality;
- Knowledge of SACCO/community owned bank operations desired;
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments;
- Awareness of cross-cultural communication and ability to maintain constructive relationships with diverse set of key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Gender Lens Investing – Experience in GLI considered an asset;
- Background in gender inclusion, diversity and mainstreaming.
We encourage candidates who have some but not all of the above qualifications to apply. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. The successful candidate will be expected to spend the first few months working at Ensibuuko’s home office in Kampala, Uganda with subsequent travel to other locations within or outside of Uganda as need may arise.
- For inquiries about the EWB Fellowship experience, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For inquiries about the role with Aspire, please contact: Shobhita Soor
For further details, please refer to our website.