- Role: PEG Agriculture Coordinator
- Venture: PEG Africa
- Location: Accra, Ghana
About PEG Africa
PEG delivers Pay-As-You-Go (PAYG) asset-based financing to consumers who lack both access to reliable electricity and formal banking services. PEG’s anchor product – a basic solar home system that includes three lights, a phone charger and a radio – allows consumers living on $5-10 per day to access clean light for working and studying after hours, avoid harmful air pollution from kerosene based lighting solutions, and also build credit for additional products and services over time.
To date, PEG has raised $20 million and has nearly 400 full time staff across Ghana and Ivory Coast. PEG has also won numerous awards, including the prestigious 2017 Ashden International Award for excellence in sustainable energy, and has been named as one of the “fastest growing companies in Africa” by the London Stock Exchange.
PEG is expanding their product line to include solar powered agricultural products to support farming communities increase their agricultural yields. The PEG Ag Coordinator Fellow will be key in supporting this expansion and success of the new product line, beginning with a Solar Water Pump.
As a PEG Ag Coordinator for PEG Ghana, your responsibilities will include:
- Create an efficient sales and distribution model for Solar Water Pump
- Develop and test pricing models to ensure product is accessible to the greatest number of farmers
- Manage sales, installations, and repayments of PEG Ag products
- Test different market segments to ensure clear recommendation for high yield segments
- Conduct market research to establish needs, wants and realities of the farmers PEG works with
- Experiment with product mix to create recommendations for company growth
- Exhibit problem solving skills through strong project management
- Other Ad-hoc tasks related to the PEG Ag Project
Sound exciting? Here’s who we are looking for.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Agriculture, Engineering or related field
- Experience with direct sales and creating a business strategy
- Knowledge of agriculture in West Africa, experience working with smallholder farmers is a plus
- Technical experience with water pumps, irrigation systems or instillation of such products
- Self motivated and creative problem solver
- Excellent communication skills, and effective ability to communicate cross-culturally
- Passion for poverty alleviation and social change