For over eight years, the policy and advocacy team has led EWB’s community of passionate and highly skilled advocates to challenge Canada to become a better global citizen.
Throughout that time, the team has helped tens of thousands of Canadians increase their knowledge of global issues and develop the skills to effectively express their values to elected representatives to seek impactful policy change.
Director of Policy & Advocacy
- Leads EWB’s global efforts on policy and advocacy
- Has a decade of experience working at the United Nations promoting the human rights, development priorities and meaningful participation of young people in decision-making, managing a global programme of $45 million across 110 countries
- Has a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) from Columbia University, New York, and a law degree (BSL.LLB) from the ILS Law College at the University of Pune, India
- Leads EWB’s advocacy campaign mobilization.
- Holds a Master’s of Arts in International & Intercultural Communication from Royal Roads University, where his research focused on fair trade.
- Co-founded Fair Trade Vancouver and was nominated for the Prime Minister’s Volunteer Award.
- His work has been featured in The Globe & Mail
Senior Communications Coordinator, Policy and Advocacy
- Leads EWB’s advocacy communications
- Has over 7 years of communications experience with governments and non-profits, particularly in the women’s sector
- Has a Masters degree in Globalization and International Development specializing in Women’s Studies from the University of Ottawa