For over eight years, the policy and advocacy team has led EWB’s community of passionate and highly skilled advocates to challenge Canada to become a better global citizen.
Throughout that time, the team has helped tens of thousands of Canadians increase their knowledge of global issues and develop the skills to effectively express their values to elected representatives to seek impactful policy change.
Director of Policy & Advocacy
- Leads EWB’s global programs on community, policy and advocacy
- Has a held multiple leadership roles in youth-led organizations, and has a decade of experience working at the United Nations as a global expert on youth participation and leadership.
- Has a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) from Columbia University, New York, and a law degree (BSL.LLB) from the ILS Law College at the University of Pune, India
Communications Manager, Policy and Advocacy
- Leads EWB’s advocacy communications
- Has over 7 years of communications experience with governments and non-profits, particularly in the women’s sector
- Has a Masters degree in Globalization and International Development specializing in Women’s Studies from the University of Ottawa
- Leads strategy, tactics, and community mobilization for EWB campaigns
- Has over eight years of experience as a community organizer at both grassroots and organizational levels
- Holds a B.A. in International Development Studies from the University of Saskatchewan and an M.A. in Women and Gender Studies from the University of Toronto
Government Relations Coordinator
- Holds a Masters degree in international development policy and African studies from the Norman Patterson School of International Affairs
- Is a long-time member and advocate of the EWB community
- Has a passion for the positive role public policy can play in people’s lives