The Fellowships team works as a key conduit for our organization, coordinating, engaging and assisting the fellows who support our work in Canada, Sub-Saharan Africa and around the world.
The team recruits and trains fellows. Whether they come from our university chapters, the professional world, or from our African partners, the team works to ensure every fellow enjoys a successful and impactful placement with our ventures.
Fellow Support Coordinator, East Africa
- Social entrepreneur and aspiring developmental economist.
- Coordinates EWB Fellowship activities in East Africa and Zambia.
- Past Kumvana Fellow.
- Strong beliefs in family, friendship and contributing to a supportive community environment.
Fellow Recruitment and Administrative Coordinator
- Draws on experience as an EWB chapter member and as a Junior Fellow with the WASH Catalysts venture in 2015.
- Holds a combined honors degree in International Development Studies and Environmental Sustainability from Dalhousie University, as well as a professional certification in Sustainable Leadership.
- Brings experience in ‘third sector’ research, immigration settlement services, fundraising, coaching and mentorship.
- Current editor-in-chief of The Undercurrent, a bi-annual academic journal of international development.
Fellowship Experience Manager
- Has a BA(H) from Queen’s University in Global Development and a Master of Journalism from Carleton University.
- Previously worked at Canadian Geographic, and then worked in Georgia for two years as an independent journalist, editor and consultant.